About Scientific and Expert Council of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan
Scientific and Expert Council of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan is a permanent consultative and analytical agency under the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan.
In its activity SEC APK is guided by the Constitution, the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Assembly of people of Kazakhstan”, laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan and acts of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, regulations on Secretariat of the Assembly, and the Regulations on SEC APK.
The main objectives of the SEC are:
- comprehensive expert assessment of trends in ethno-political, socio-economic and religious development in the Republic of Kazakhstan, forecasting the development of these processes in the country and the world;
- scientific and expert support of the Assembly in topical areas of ethnic policy;
- development of recommendations for state authorities, civil society institutions on topical issues of interethnic relations;
- coordination of research activities in the field of interethnic and interreligious relations, participation of the Scientific Expert Council in the formation of scientific policy in the field of study.
- assistance to research institutions, author teams, individual scientists in the organization of the study of interethnic relations and social harmony, promotion and implementation of research results;
- organization of promotion of academic perspective of issues of public consent and national unity in the public sphere, in information space of the country;
- promoting the strengthening of the role of the Assembly as a political and civil institution in the development of democracy, strengthening the integrity of Kazakhstan's society, achieving national consensus;
The permanent working authority of the SEC is the Centre for the study of interethnic and interreligious relations in the Central Asian region of the Academy of public administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The permanent Executive agency of SEC is the Presidium of SEC from among the heads of authorized state agencies and large educational and scientific institutions.
SEC consists of the Chairman, his deputies, Presidium and members of the Scientific and Expert Council. The duties of the Chairman, his deputies and members of the Scientific and Expert Council are carried out on a voluntary basis.
Members of the SEC APK are leading scientists of Kazakhstan in various fields: political science, history, philosophy, philology, sociology, economics, etc.
SEC APK is an intellectual platform to promote the ideas of the Head of state on modernization of the country.
Number of SEC members: 53 members
Qualitative composition of SEC:
Doctors of Sciences – 35, Candidates of Sciences-10, public figures-8
On 6 February 2015, the year of APK started.
The lecture-presentation “20-year history of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan” was organized and held within the framework of the events of the start of the year of APK in 12 higher educational institutions of Astana. Members of NES APK met with the students and faculty of the Universities, also held lectures on the Kazakh model of public consent and national unity of N. Nazarbayev.
Scientists of NES APK in 2015 became the initiators and active participants of other scientific events.
In 2015 members of SEC took an active part in 4 major international scientific and practical conferences devoted to research in the field of interethnic relations, social harmony and ethnopolitics:
o “CICA: towards stability and prosperity”;
o “Mangilik El as a phenomenon of national history and historical memory”;
o “The way of Kazakhstan: Unity. Patriotism. Reforms”;
o “Assembly of people of Kazakhstan and its role in consolidation of Kazakhstan society”;
o “Kazakhstan model of interethnic tolerance and social harmony of N.A. Nazarbayev: twenty years of success and creation”.
It is symbolic that in 2015 in the Year of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N. Nazarbayev put forward a Plan of the Nation – 100 Specific Steps “Modern state for all” aimed at the implementation of 5 institutional reforms. The Assembly of people of Kazakhstan is the leading coordinator of the 4th direction of the National Plan “Identity and unity”. In this regard, scientists of the Scientific and Expert Council of the APK held a number of important international and national round tables and expert meetings devoted to the discussion and explanation of the strategic programme document.
Wide resonance, support and interest of the society were received by large-scale projects of the APK: “Poezd “Menin Kazakhstanym” (March 23-April 22, 2015) and the Republican historical and cultural expedition "Uly Dala Eli", the 550th anniversary of the Kazakh khanate. (September 11-October 9, 2015).
In these large-scale events, members of the SEC APK: leading scientists and public figures of the country have become a key force and mechanism of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan in holding the Republican lecture “Kazakhstan model of public consent and national unity of N. Nazarbayev” in all regions of Kazakhstan. As part of the Republican lecture, explanatory work with the population was held to implement the Plan of the Nation – 100 Specific Steps “Modern state for all”.
Members of the SEC APK are involved in the process of providing scientific and analytical support to the Year of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan. Scientific and Expert Council of the APK published a number of works dedicated to the Year of APK and anniversary dates of 2015 as the 550th anniversary of the Kazakh khanate and the 70th anniversary of Victory of the Great Patriotic war.