Participants of the International Forum of national-cultural centers with participation of CICA countries “N.A.Nazarbayev’s model of Kazakhstani social cohesion and national unity: experience in CICA region” within the annual festival of friendship of the people of Kazakhstan, after the discussion of key issues on the agenda.
Participants of the International Forum of national-cultural centers with participation of CICA countries “N.A.Nazarbayev’s model of Kazakhstani social cohesion and national unity: experience in CICA region” within the annual festival of friendship of the people of Kazakhstan, after the discussion of key issues on the agenda, have stated that:
- Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) today plays an important role to strengthen cooperation assigned to ensure peace, security and stability in Asia;
- The idea of calling the CICA, that firstly was announced by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev during the 47th UN General Assembly in October 1992, has proved its relevance and importance. Since then, Kazakhstan has taken a leading position in provision of regional security, convergence of civilizations, connecting the spiritual and cultural traditions in CICA region;
- It should be particularly noted that since 2008, the International Forum has been working under the auspices of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan, which is the institution of nation’s representation. Assembly works with the CICA in the framework of the Memorandum of mutual understanding signed in May 2014;
- The experience of Kazakhstan - Nursultan Nazarbayev’s Model of social cohesion and national unity – commands respect to the country where in peace and harmony live together more than 100 ethnic groups and representatives of more than 27 major confessions.
In the agenda of this Forum Kazakhstan has initiated to include the urgent issues about cooperation in the Asian continent.
First of all, Nursultan Nazarbayev’s Model of social cohesion and national unity was comprehensively presented to the participants of the Forum. Particular attention was given to new initiatives of the President of Kazakhstan that are designed to modernize the country, in particular – to strengthen the national identity.
In the speeches, delivered by international experts, was analyzed the experience of other countries of how to strengthen interethnic harmony, and also were presented some peculiarities of national models of their states’ ethnic policies.
The Forum contributed to strengthen inter-cultural cooperation, traditions of solidarity, friendship and mutual assistance of the peoples of the CICA countries. Expressing their commitment to the ideals of peace, goodness, power, traditions and success of innovations in the process of the development of countries, peoples and civilizations, the participants of the Forum found it necessary to:
- Further strengthen the multilateral cooperation of the CICA in the field of interethnic and inter-confessional relations through organizing meetings and consultations, exchange successful practices of ethnic policies.
- Ensure active participation in the cooperation civil society institutions, in particular, ethnic and cultural associations and youth organizations of the countries-members of CICA;
- Strengthen the scientific and expert support activities in the framework of CICA.
Acknowledging the active role of Kazakhstan in providing regional security, the participants of the Forum highly appreciate the aspiration of Kazakhstan to converge the traditions and cultures in the CICA. Taken into account tremendous role of the President of Kazakhstan for the initiation of the CICA Forum, participants express their support of the idea to reformate the status of the organization from the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia to the Organization for Cooperation and Confidence Building Measures in Asia. That would give greater dynamism and increase opportunity of taking concrete measures in Asian dialogue.
Expressing gratitude for the organization and holding of the Forum as a platform for the development of cultures and traditions in the CICA region, participants of the Forum sincerely congratulate the people of Kazakhstan and the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the day of the capital – Astana city - center of the world, spiritual development and harmony.
Participants of the Forum congratulate the people of Kazakhstan, the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan - Chairman of the Assembly of Peoples of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev on the 20th anniversary of the Assembly of People of Kazakhstan and wish further wellbeing and prosperity.
Astana city 2nd July, 2015