ON ACTIVITIES OF COUNCILS OF PUBLIC CONSENT OF THE ASSEMBLY OF PEOPLE OF KAZAKHSTAN
On activities of the Council of Public Consent of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan
The main task of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan as a national institution is to ensure public consent and strengthen stability, improve the efficiency of interaction between state and civil society institutions in the field of inter - ethnic relations. Constructive interaction of the population and society with the authorities is provided by the public consent councils.
By ensuring the interaction of civil society institutions and the authorities, the councils exercise public control over the implementation by state bodies of measures for social and economic development on the ground, as well as monitor the problems of the population.
The purpose of the activity of the public consent councils of APK is to consolidate the efforts of civil institutions, public, political and other associations in strengthening social harmony, national unity, formation and development of Kazakhstan's identity.
The main tasks of the councils are to provide a platform for constructive discussion in search of common interests; involvement of various social groups, non-governmental organizations, ethno-cultural associations in the process of formation of social harmony and national unity; accumulation of positions of participants in the discussions; prevention of social tension.
Along with these tasks, the councils of public consent take practical measures to resolve disputes and disagreements; promote the development of charity, mediation and the system of public control on the ground.
Every year, under the auspices of APK, the Republican forum of SOS is held under the chairmanship of the Deputy Chairman – Head of Secretariat of APK with participation of deputies of Mazhilis of the Parliament. There are also various zonal meetings of the Chairpersons of the councils to strengthen their role on the ground.
HISTORY OF THE COUNCILS OF PUBLIC CONSENT OF APK
The initiative to create the Council of public consent of the APK was created in West Kazakhstan region. Summarizing the experience of ethno-cultural associations, as well as considering the work of labor collectives, it was decided to combine all efforts and opportunities into a single structure. Thus, public consent councils were created, which became an instrument of interaction between the government and society.
At the XX session of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan "Strategy" Kazakhstan-2050": one nation – one country - one destiny " the President set the task to strengthen the participation of all segments of the population in the strengthening of social harmony and national unity. Akims of regions, Astana and Almaty until the end of 2013, were asked to form all regions, the councils of public consent under the auspices of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan (article 8.2. Minutes of the XX Session of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan No. 35-26.1 from 27.04.2013).
At the same time, at the XXIV session of APK, the Head of state instructed the regional governors - chairmen of the regional assemblies to ensure the participation of the APK councils in the development of local self-government. (paragraph 6 of the Protocol of the XXIV Session of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan No. 35-12.3 from 26.04.2016).
LEGAL BASES OF ACTIVITY OF COUNCILS OF PUBLIC CONSENT OF APK
- Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan (article 33 establishes citizens’ right to participate in local self-government);
- Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On local government and self-government in the republic of Kazakhstan” dated January 23, 2001 (article 39-1 justifies participation of citizens in local self-government).
- Decree of the President of Kazakhstan No. 148 dated December 28, 2015 “On approval of development concept of APK (until 2025) (one of the main directions – activation of the councils in the field of public control, as well as strengthening their role in the areas of public control and charity)”;
- Law “On charity” (paragraph 5, article 7 defines the role of APK in strengthening peace, friendship and public consent, unity of people, in promoting charity in the country);
- Law “On mediation” (article 15 considers participation of members of the local community, mediation as non-professional (public) mediators);
- Model regulation of the Council of Public Consent APK (hereinafter – Model Regulations), approved at the national forum of the Councils of Public Consent APK October 27, 2015.
establishment OF COUNCILS OF PUBLIC CONSENT OF apk
Model provision on CPC APK determines the order of the creation at different levels.
1.Regional Council of Public Consent APK
(regions, capitals and cities of republican significance) is formed at the meeting of the regional council of APK, where the protocol decision approves composition and regulations of the council. The regulation of the council defines the structure, main tasks, functions and authority of APK regional council. At the next stage, the constituent Assembly of the members of regional CPC of APK is held, where the chairman of the council of public consent of APK - an authoritative public figure is elected. The chairman of the council of public consent and APK in the region is included in the composition of APK council in the region. Council of Public Consent is appointed jointly with akim of administrative-territorial unit in coordination with the council of APK of the region. 2.At enterprises, the Council of Public Consent of APK is created at the general meeting of staff together with the management of the enterprise in coordination with the Council of APK of the region. Chairmen of the Councils of Public Consent of APK of districts and cities of regional and district importance are members of the regional council of public consent of APK.
Council of Public Consent of APK (Astana, Almaty, Shymkent, region, district, city of district importance, rural district, enterprise) is an advisory body to the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan of the region. Thus, each council of the administrative-territorial unit is a part of a common and unified structure of APK of the region.
STRUCTURE OF THE COUNCIL OF PUBLIC CONSENT OF APK
The model provision of the Council of public consent of the APK defines its structure at various levels:
1) Chairman of the Council of public consent and APK (elected by the members of the Council of APK at the founding meeting of the Council) - directs the activities of CPC APK and presides at meetings, sets the agenda and sign the minutes of the meeting of the Council;
2) Deputy Chairman of CPC APK (determined by the Chairman of CPC APK from among the members of the Council, if necessary, up to 2 deputies) - performs the duties of the Chairman during his absence;
3) APK CPC Secretary (not a member of the Council) – the responsibilities include almost all issues related to office work, logistics for the organization and holding of meetings, including the preparation of the necessary information and materials of the Council, minutes of meetings.
The Secretary of CPC APK of the region is a responsible employee of "Kogamdyk kelisim" KSU of the region, which coordinates the activities of CPC APK, while at the level of cities of regional significance, districts, rural districts the responsible employees of the departments of internal policy of administrative-territorial units are defined. At enterprises, representatives (secretaries) of trade union organizations are appointed as secretaries;
4) working body of CPC APK – monitors the deadlines for the implementation of decisions and recommendations of CPC APK, organizes meetings and work with visitors (if necessary), is engaged in sending letters, requests, prepares the necessary information and analytical materials for the meeting of the Council.
At the regional level, the working bodies of CPC APK are the secretariats of the Assembly of people of Kazakhstan regions, Astana, Almaty, Shymkent and "Kogamdyk kelisim" KSU regions. In the districts, cities of regional and district importance, as in rural districts, the working bodies of CPC APK determined the internal policy departments of the akim of the city/district. Various departments, mainly administrative departments (office departments, personnel service), as well as offices of public consent and mediation at enterprises are defined at the enterprises;
5) working commissions and groups on specific issues are created, if necessary, from among the members of APK CPC, as well as invited employees of state bodies, media and public experts.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE ASSET OF THE COUNCIL OF PUBLIC CONSENT APK?
Membership in the council is open and voluntary to all representatives:
–Civil and Trade Union organizations, including societies of people with disabilities, environmental movements, youth associations;
-Councils of mothers, elders, veterans, youth affairs;
-creative unions (artists, writers and etc.);
-state institutions (education, health, social protection, etc.);
-professional and non-professional mediators, as well as structures of APK of the region;
The formation of the Council takes contribution of candidates to the strengthening of public consent and national unity in the region into account or a certain administrative-territorial unit , as well as obligations as members.
FUNCTIONS OF COUNCILS OF PUBLIC CONSENT OF APK
Public consent councils of APK perform the following functions:
1) analysis of the current situation, development of recommendations for the prevention and resolution of social and other conflicts in the region;
2) development of recommendations and suggestions to strengthen stability, public consent and national unity, improvement of the mechanism of interaction between state bodies and public institutions;
3) support of civic participation, public initiatives, socially significant projects and programs aimed at achieving the goals and objectives of APK;
4) involvement of veterans, trade unions, youth associations and other public organizations in the promotion and implementation of state policy in the field of public consent and national unity;
5) participation in the prevention and prevention of social tensions, including the implementation of practical measures to resolve disagreements and disputes, to prevent situations that contribute to the emergence of hotbeds of social tension;
6) promote the development of philanthropy, mediation and a system of public control in the field;
7) coverage of activities in the media and social networks to ensure transparency and transparency of decisions. Promoting the values of peace and consent;
8) coordination and participation in the activities of advocacy groups to explain the state policy in the field of public consent and unity.